There are so many ways to connect with us this year!
To ensure you stay up to date on everything going on at Newsome High School, here are some great resources to follow:
1) The Newsome High School Website – This is the official county website for NHS an you can find links here for the Band, Athletic Clubs, JROTS, PTSA and more.
2) BlackBoard (formerly ParentLink) – This is a phone messaging system that uses the phone number listed on your student’s emergency card. It will provide important information about school events, meetings, etc.
3) Newsome High School Guidance Department – This website is packed full of super useful information! You’ll find everything you need to know about report cards, dual enrollment, counselor information, Virtual School details and more.
4) EDSBY – This is a modern cloud-based gradebook and social learning platform which enables our school district, school administration, teachers, students and parents to communicate with each other. HCPS (Hillsborough County Public Schools) streamlines all communication with MySpot, My Student Parent Online Toolkit. If you were enrolled in EDSBY last year, your login remains the same. Students new to the county will set-up a new MySpot account.
5) REMIND – Newsome coaches, class sponsors and club coordinators utilize a text messaging system called REMIND to inform our students and parents of activities and events. To join, text the number and enter the code – both will be provided to you by your coach or club coordinator.
6) Newsome Official PTSA Facebook Group – Once you’ve joined the Newsome PTSA you will be able to join the Official PTSA group on Facebook. Here you’ll find up to the minute details on what’s happening on campus, awards, events, and more. Click Here to join PTSA and then request to join the group here!
7) Newsome PTSA Official Twitter Account – Do you prefer to get your news in 140 characters or less? Follow us on Twitter and get the low-down right in your feed.